Saturday 19 April 2014

Dunsfold Wheels day

Got up early yesterday and took the GT6 for a run down to Dunsfold (Home of Top Gear) for the Surrey Street Rodders Wheels Day. I'm glad I did leave early as I queud up for best part of an hour to get in even though I arrive a good hour before the show was die to start. To be honst, Dunsfold is a pretty poor venue for a large event in terms of access, only two entrances both accessed via narrow raods and later in the day people were queuing for mailes and many didn't get in.

Anyway once there is was a nice evnt with a really good mix of Hot Rods, Customs, British and American Classics, modified cars, Old and modern Bikes etc. The Bloodhound SSC land speed attmpt car was there (or a mock up of it anyway) and I managed to get a poster of it signed by Richard Noble for my son James.Lots of stalls selling tools, automemoribilia, parts, clothing etc etc. Some good live music too, I particularly liked the band catballou who played a mixture of Rock N Roll, Blues and Rockabilly.

I glad I took lots of food and drink as the queues at the catering stalls were pretty bad, as was the queue for the loos. I think the event just hadn't catered for the number of people who turned up. Not sure how many cars were there but it was certainly into the thousands. There were a few Triumph's around but I think mine was the only GT6. One car that was of particular interest was a heavily modified TR5 with a big V8 and fibreglass flip front. With the amount of money TR5s are making nowadays I hope the builder did this a few years ago before the prices rocketted otherwise he has rather devalued an expensive car!

V8 Engine in a TR5

A rather devalued expensive car if this was build recently....
My GT6 was the only one there
 A few More Triumphs:-



Olie's "It not Pink it's Purple" Dolomite was there!




I enjoyed this band "Catbalou who played Rock n Roll, Blues and Rockabilly stuff.
The Bloodhound SS1 Landspeed Record Car was there along with Project Dirctor and ex Landspeed record holder Richard Noble.
 

Cool Icre Cream Van


Mega Scalextric Track...




A Few other Classics and Sportscars, British, American and European...




Nappy Cack Yellow Crapi!










Corvettes as far as the eye can see, loads of em

Peugeot 205 Rally car







Very Cute Fiat Taxi




"Fire up the Quattro", this one was for sale for £12K


Blue and white Stripped Shelby Cobras in triplicate!




Not badged, I think this may be a Wartburg or possibly an NSU, looks German for somereason anyway...

This Imp had a GSR 1100 bike Engine in it...



70s mania, Mk3 Cortina, Chopper, Space Hopper, like going back to my teenage years!


A few Rods, Customs and Bikes....






Norton Navigator, my Brother had one of these in the 80s

Stock Car Racer c/o Aldershot Raceway




               

No comments:

Post a Comment