So I spent a few hours removing the carbs and manifold.
After stripping the core plugs and waterpump pipe all looked ok.
|Core Plugs all look OK|
|Heater hose which broke broke when I removed it.|
Only hassle I had was with the stainless heater pipe, the hole in the fixing bracket was only 8mm and it is supposed to fit on a manifold stud which is 3/8 inch unf. Not too much of a problem as I have a good pillar drill so easily fixed but a bit of a quality issue which I have flagged to the Triumph specialist I bought it from so they can take this up with their supplier.
|Hole was too small|
Anyway, having put everything back together I now have a leak free cooling system. I did put some bars leaks in the system just in case of any future leaks, rumour has it that Triumph used to do this at the factory, don't know if this is true or not but sound sensible.