Tuesday 10 August 2010

Door not opening plus photo shoot invite

Tried to open the passenger door on the GT6 from the outside a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't open. Ah I thought, probably just something come loose or out of adjustment. Took the door apart and all looked to be in place but it was apparent that the internal lever on the outer door handle assembly wasn't being operated with the outer handle. Stripped out the handle assembly and a piece of plastic fell out, this had broken off a key shapped moulding inside the assembly. This must be a common fault as Paddock's and Canley's sell the plastic pice on it's own. However I have been toying with the idea of replacing the handles, firstly to reduce the number of keys on the keyring as I'll be able to buy a matched pair, secondly because new ones will be nice and shiny!  So do I spend about £120 on a pair of handles or about 6 quid on the little plastic bit. My brain says no my heart say yes..... Decisions Decisions!



Had a call last week in my capacity as a TSSC area organiser from a journalist working for Practical Classics, did I know anyone locally in Hampshire with a GT6 because they wanted to do a photo shoot, I immediately replied, "Well you could use my GT6!" so I'll be going along on Saturday to Popham Airfield to get a few photo's taken. Spent Sunday giving the car a clean, and I'll do a bit of polishing this week so it's extra shiny.....

No comments:

Post a Comment