The Flying Log is pretty much prepared for the Round Britain Run now…
Following all the other jobs that I’ve done in previous weeks today I’ve done the following
- Replaced the front tyres that were over 10 years old, the Costco tyre place also rotated the tyres so the new ones are on the back and re-did the pressures.
- Changed the engine oil and filter, Valvoline VR1 20/50 and a genuine Unipart Oil Filter
- Topped up the gearbox oil.
- Checked the diff oil (didn’t need topping up).
- Checked the brake fluid.
- Checked the Clutch Fluid
- Topped up the coolant which had settled slightly since draining, flushing and changing last week.
- Removed both front hubs, re-greased and adjusted the wheel bearings.
I was going to change the spark plugs, I bought a set a couple of weeks ago and can’t find them despite looking high and low. New set of NGKs ordered on ebay today which I’ll gap and change before the run, not a long job.
All that’s left to do is a last minute check of fluids and pressures and a check and readjust of the wheel bearings in case they settle having been re-greased today.
One little revelation today is that I usually change the oil in the garage which is not easy as there is not a lot of room to work around the car (unlike the GT6!). So today I decided to do it on the drive, although my drive slopes this actually helped as I parked it nose down, jacked the front of the car up so it was level (checked with a spirit level along the sill trim). This made the job so much easier, plenty of room to work around and even under the car.