Wednesday 18 October 2023

Speedo still not working.

 I spoke too soo, took it up the road and still not working, needs further investigation. The cable still isn't turning at the speedo end but the cable is new and the angle drive was working. I'll probably need to take the drive pinion out of the overdrive to check that. could be tricky to do in situ but I don't want to take the gearbox out if I can help it! First check will be to disconnect the speedo from the angle drive and see if the angle drive is turning, it could be that it's the square bit worn where the cable pushes in, if that's the case its just a new angle drive. If not I need to take the angle drive out and see if I can see whether the pinion is turning, to do this I'll need to jack up the rear wheels and get the car running in gear. If the pinion does need replacing then I'll have to drain the gearbox oil first, I replaced the oil just before the RBRR so I'll try and reuse it if possible rather than replace with new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment