Thursday 12 October 2023

Post RBRR Repairs started

 I replaced the faulty ignition switch today, I managed to do it in situ without removing the steering column which was a result. I've now removed my hotwire repair that I did down in Cornwall.

I've replaced the Oil Pressure switch which packed up on the run, this is an easy 5 minute job.

The Wipers were overshooting and not going back to the normal low park place, I sussed out that was just that the nut holding the wiper rack to the motor  had worked loose. So an easy fix.

Next job will be to sort the speedo out. I've disconnected  the cable at the top end and driven up the road and it's not rotating so it's the cable or angle drive. I did pull the speedo inner cable out and it doesn't look broken at the far end so it's either the angle drive broken or may even be just something that's worked loose. I'm waiting for a couple of dry days to do this as the gearbox tunnel needs to come out to investigate and fix, this is easiest to do outside on the drive with the doors open than in the garage.

One of the eyeball air vent hoses has also come off, but that has to come out when taking the tunnel out so I'll wait to do that.

The car is now more usable though and thanks to a digital GPS speedo that Glynn loaned me it's even legal to drive !


No comments:

Post a Comment