Thursday 19 October 2023

Angle Drive may be the issue after all

 I think I may have sussed the issue with the speedo. The new connector bush from overdrive spares is an improved design with a bit more thread so the angle drive face is 2 or 3 mm further away from the pinion. My modified angle drive with a solid 1/8 bar that I did back in the 90s has a shorter protrusion than a proper angle drive so I don't think it's reaching the pinion drive. 


My Modified Angle Drive with a solid 1/8 bar in place of the weak flexi drive has a shorter protrusion than standard

Standard Angle Drive has a longer protrusion


New angle drive just ordered from Moss. I in previous times I'd have driven up there to get it but they are in the ULEZ zone and my daily driver BMW would cost £12.50 as it's not ULEZ compliant. Although the triumph is exempt as it's registered historic  it's in bits and the bike is also exempt as historic registered but the weather is shit, so ordered by post. Bloody Sadiq Khan!

No comments:

Post a Comment