Monday 16 October 2023

Speedo Fault diagnosed, but not a quick fix

So I got the tunnel out today and the issue is a loose angle drive where it attached to the gearbox. Only problem is it wouldn't tighten and it appears the thread is badly worn on the brass part where the angle drive attaches. I looked at the GT6 factory parts catalogue and it shows the part as "not serviced". However I've found that both Rimmers and Canleys list it although only Rimmers have stock and are over twice the price at nearly £36! 

The part shown as "Not Serviced" in the Factory parts catalogue

This is the part on Rimmers Website

Overdrive Spares website is down so I've sent them a facebook message to see if they have one, Overdrive Repair Services only list the part as a complete Assembly with the bearing and seal which I don't think I'll be able to replace in situ very easily so I've sent them an email to see if they can just do the brass adaptor.

I'll follow up with phone calls to both overdrive companies if I don't receive a reply tomorrow, it's past closing time to call them now. 

 If the worse comes to the worse I'll have to bite the bullet and order from Rimmers but I'll try and get it elsewhere for a decent price first out of principle.

TBH it is a past bodge catching up with me that I'd forgotten about from the last time I had the gearbox out for a new clutch which would have been in 2010. The tread was a bit knackered then and I got round it by using some PTFE tape, but it's deteriorated beyond that working as a bodge now!.


No comments:

Post a Comment