Thursday 16 February 2012

Getting There!

After a 3 hour struggle this evening the halfshaft is now back on the GT6 with all the various Rotoflex suspension bushes lined up and bolted in place. Rotoflex halfshaft refitting is never an easy job in a cramped garage even though I've got the special spring lifting tool. It wasn't helped by the fact that my trusty old large lorry bottle jack that I've had for about 30 years decided to pack up this evening and this is what I normally use to jack the spring lifting tool up.

Just need to go around and tighten everything up, reattach the brake hose and handbrake cable, bleed the brakes and give the nuts and bolts a final toque once the suspension has settled. Should hopefully be able to get that done in an evening although it won't be tomorrow night as I'm out with the boys for a few beers, I think I deserve it!

I must remember to replace the wiper blades I purchased before taking it back to the MOT station for welding and a re-test, it would be a pain if I forgot to fit them and it failed again on something so simple to fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment